Do you have a genuine interest in science and looking to support researchers in scholarly publication? Applications are invited for the editorial assistant position in the Delhi office (Abul Fazal Enclave, New Delhi-110025). This role is suitable for a talented individual who has a good knowledge of the scientific research publishing industry, ideally with previous experience with content acquisition and in managing/developing scholarly journals.
Initial in-hand salary: ₹10,000/month (performance-based increment opportunity after 6 months).
Working Location: A-36, 4th Floor, Near Okhla Vihar Metro Station, Abul Fazal Enclave, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025.
Working Hours: Monday to Saturday; 9:00 am-05:00 pm.
This position is open for candidates at the entry-level (where no editorial experience is needed) as well as those with previous editorial experience. However, the initial salary for this position will be the same for both freshers as well as for higher educational/experience holders.
- Work for the journal development in all possible aspects.
- Writing insightful editorial articles on current trends and breakthroughs in research.
- Managing the peer review process (in coordination with the handling editors) to agreed speed and quality targets for journals.
- Using internal and external databases to research and select appropriate reviewers.
- Staying up to date with internal and external guidelines on publication practices.
- Corresponding with reviewers & editors regarding deadlines and standard queries.
- Conducting data analysis, recognizing process improvement opportunities, and making recommendations.
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences.
- Develop contents on publication practices to guide authors.
Minimum Required Educational Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in any science discipline.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Interest and understanding of the research publishing process and related ethics.
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail (strong command of English spelling and grammar)
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Word Document formatting.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight timelines.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Can independently handle the editorial workflow for proper peer-reviewing at the journal level.
- LaTeX document editing & formatting.
- Ability to lead a team.
- In-office interview to test the understanding & experience in research & journal publishing. The interview will be scheduled for Sunday from 10:00 to 16:00 at the office address.