Understanding the paper publishing process might be crucial for many new authors. We received emails from many authors asking for the process of publishing a research paper and hence writing this post. This paper publishing process post might be helpful for many authors seeking to submit their research work in Scholarly Journals by adhering publication ethics.
Major steps involved in publishing a research paper from the manuscript preparation to publication are as follows-
- Perform Research Work
Have original research work of current interest. Scholars should focus on high-quality research to enable advancement in the field. An extensive literature review will be helpful in finding the current challenges in the field.
- Prepare Manuscript
Identify a journal with aims & scope close to your research work. This is the time when the author requires to find all detail and policy of the journal including copyright, authorship, submission policy, and publication charges.
After finding a suitable journal, format manuscript according to the author guideline of the targeted journal. While you are writing up your findings, come up with what you believe are unique hypotheses, base your work on robust data, and use an appropriate research methodology. Provide theoretical insight, and share theoretical and practical implications for your work.
- Submit Manuscript
Submit your manuscript online through the targetted journal’s homepage and add complete detail in the online submission system. Do not submit the manuscript to more than one journal at the same time (follow submission policy).
After the editorial screening, the peer-reviewing process will get initiated for a well-formatted manuscript within the scope of the journal. Keep patience and wait for a reply from the editor during the review process which may take
coupleof weeks. Reviewing time varies from journal to journal, you may visit about section of an individual journal to find approximate required reviewing time of that journal.
Based on the reviewer’s recommendation, the editor will send you one of the following decision letters-
Revision Required: Revise manuscript as per comment and resubmit. A video tutorial for submitting the revised manuscript in AIJR Journals is available at this link.
Decline: Look at your manuscript and decline reason. Spend plenty of time to improve your overall manuscript and resubmit as a fresh manuscript.
Accepted: It’s time to celebrate, your manuscript will be copyedited by the journal for final publication.
Few days after acceptance of the manuscript you will receive a galley proof version for minor proofreading corrections and your paper will be published.
It’s time to share your published work and cite in other related papers as per the
licensingpolicy of the journal.
Note: Any suggestion to improve this post can be sent through contact us page.
Latest Call for Papers
- Call for Papers on Chemical SciencesWe are delighted to announce a call for research papers for the upcoming issue of International Annals of Science, a peer-reviewed, multidisciplinary science journal focused … Read more
- Publish Review ArticlePublish review article to provide a critical & constructive evaluation of the existing published research in a field in order to identify specific research gaps … Read more
- Call for Papers: Nanoscience and NanotechnologyThis Call for Papers is open to researchers interested in submitting articles that cover the recent advances in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology (experimental … Read more
- Call for Papers: Composite MaterialsComposite Material’s researchers are invited to submit their research papers to the Journal of Modern Materials for peer-reviewing and possible publication. Manufacturers and designers who … Read more
- Call for Publications on COVID-19; Impact of Coronavirus OutbreakSince the COVID-19 outbreak in China, it spreads rapidly to other parts of the world and still uncontrolled. The impacts of COVID19 on every aspect … Read more
- Publishing Coronavirus Research PaperThe new deadly coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) continues spreading COVID-19. All coronavirus researchers are encouraged to keep sharing emerging research works openly. Researchers are required to share … Read more