AIJR invites editorial internship applications from candidates who just completed their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field related to Communications, Library Science, Journalism, Public Relations, Science, or Engineering. Students in the final year can also apply if they can do a full-time office internship. Kindly apply only if you have a genuine interest in scholarly publication and looking for an editorial internship opportunity.
The intern’s activities include:
- Work on MS Word document formatting & editing and proofread the edited document for any corrections
- Work with the journal’s editor & reviewer throughout the editorial workflow
- Engage in blog writing on a given topic (related to research & publication).
- Upload the content and its metadata on our website.
- Handle any other editorial work as instructed
Editorial Internship Requirements
- The candidate who just completed a bachelor’s or Master’s degree on enrolled in the final years of their university program.
- Native or near-native English speaker with excellent communication skills in writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Affinity with science, research news, and the media.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Flexible work attitude and ability to work under (time) pressure.
Internship Period & Timing
This is a full-time (9:00 am to 5:00 pm) editorial internship with 5 working days (Monday to Friday) for a minimum internship period of 8 weeks. This internship is available for 2 months, 4 months, and 6 months.
Stipend & Certificates
The minimum full-time internship period is for 8 weeks (2 months). For the in-office internship, the candidate will get a nominal stipend to cover the public conveyance fare as follows-
- For a two-month internship, the stipend is ₹2000/month.
- For a four-month internship, the stipend is ₹3000/month.
- For a six-month internship, the stipend is ₹5000/month.
The candidate will get the stipend & internship certificate only after the successful completion of the internship.
Interns will gain practical experience in editing a wide range of manuscripts, develop an understanding of the publication process at AIJR, and work with editors at various stages. They will also be assigned manuscripts for in-house editorial screening to produce initial comments for authors and recommendations on the relevance of the manuscript to proceed further for peer-reviewing.